Life’s journey simply becomes more enjoyable, exciting and fulfilling when you have Mr. Right by your side. But who is the ideal man, and how do you know that you have found him? While every woman has a different definition of what her “perfect” guy would be,
these are 20 solid signs to indicate that your boyfriend is for keeps.
1. He appreciates who you are.You are unique and wonderful in your own way. Whether you wake up the neighborhood with your bathroom singing or like solving Sudoku puzzles in the middle of the night, he accepts you exactly the way you are. He doesn’t want to change anything about you.
2. He keeps his promises.It can be extremely annoying when a guy insists that he will do something, but never gets around to do it. A true gentleman doesn’t backtrack on his words, but walks the talk. You rest assured that he only makes commitments that he intends to keep.
3. He stands by you.He may not agree with your every decision, but supports the choices you make. He is there for you in success and in failure, in health and in sickness, in laughter and in tears.
4. He gives you space.Psychologists say that having privacy in a relationship is more important than sex. The perfect boyfriend allows you enough me-time, and doesn’t try to sneak a peek into your personal diary. He doesn’t want you to lose the “I” in the “We.”
5. He is not jealous or insecure.Did she just check him out? Who is that guy who texted her in the middle of the night? What is she doing on a Saturday night without me? Nope, this man doesn’t waste time on such silly questions. He trusts you and is certain that you trust him.
6. He gets along with your family.You don’t need to fret when it comes to meeting the family. The perfect guy puts on his best behavior in front of your parents and tries to befriend your sibling. Dream come true when he comfortably fits in with your family on thanksgiving dinners.
7. He is interesting.Life is too short to be thinking of other things when he is talking. Whatever his interests and passions, he is exciting and fun to be around. In fact, he will introduce you to a side of life that you haven’t seen before. I know someone who had never parasailed, driven a motorbike or been to an opera before she met her boyfriend.
8. He favors mature arguments.Let’s face it: Any two people will have different opinions and perspectives, inevitability leading to occasional arguments. But he focuses on the point in hand, through rational level-headed conversations. No blame game, dear.
9. He makes you feel beautiful.You don’t have to be Scarlet Johansson or Angelina Jolie to feel pretty. When you are with him, you feel like the most attractive woman on Earth. He treats you like his princess, and rightfully so.
10. He is game to try your adventures.The real guy accompanies you to the middle of Wisconsin because you threw a dart on the US map blindfolded and wanted to go there. He doesn’t complain; instead, he finds joy in being part of your bucket list.
11. He expresses his love.He’s pretty much on top of his game when it comes to sweeping you off your feet, yet again. True to his own style, sometimes that can mean preparing a home cooked meal, surprising you at the airport or simply saying “I love you.
12. He is your superhero.When in danger, you can count on him to help. He will prevent your handbag from being stolen by a hoodlum. He will make sure you get home safe on a late night. He will come to your rescue in the middle of a riot. Most importantly, he is also smart enough to stay alive while being chivalrous and heroic.
13. He makes every effort to wipe away your tears.You happiness is of utmost importance to him. In your moments of downtime, he tries to be funny, sexy or Superman, or pretty much anything that will bring a smile on your face.
14. He wants to introduce you to his friends.Hiding you from his close pals and deliberately being “single” on Facebook can mean a red flag. A man in love wants you to be part of his social life and show you off to friends, because he thinks you are great.
15. He respects his mother.Pay attention to his relationship with his mother, for it speaks volumes. A man who has a deep regard for his mother (different from a Mama’s boy) is most likely to respect and admire you, as well.
16. He is irresistibly attractive, to you.Women have varied opinions when it comes to who they find sexy, cute and handsome. As long as you find him eye-catching and can’t help but wishing to be in his arms, you are going the right way.
17. He is a source of inspiration.Love is a motivation engine that drives you closer to your aspirations. The perfect boyfriend pushes your boundaries and inspires you to achieve the unimaginable. He understands that your dreams are of paramount importance, as are his. Plus, he’s got your back if you fall.
18. He is not a control freak.Watch out for the guy who is overly generous about “constructive criticism,” has unrealistic expectations and wants to micromanage you. Who wants Hitler as a partner? Experiencing freedom in a relationship is not too much to ask for.
19. He is honest.Forget the yes-man and people-pleaser. Truth is the foundation of a robust and lasting relationship. It saves you from unnecessary misunderstandings and helps build trust quickly.
20. He makes you a better person.You are already amazing, but being with him brings out the best in you. It’s like having a personal male cheerleader! Your strengths are further amplified, and you think life just can’t get any better.
Remember that perfection doesn’t exist, but there is someone imperfectly perfect out there for you. And I hope that all you remarkable women find The One and end up marrying him — just like me.
15 Sign that shows you have a great girlfriend